Hello and welcome to Bastrop Texas, home of the slowest internet connection in the world. We are worse than Zambia!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Update. What a difference a move makes.... oh wait.

After moving from the Valley of No Signal, I am in a different world. Only six miles away, my new house has phone service that works, even when it rains! Amazing. Cell phone calls are still problematic. Some days I must go outside to talk, other days making a cell call is not possible. It all depends on the weather, clouds, low flying birds and air traffic control patterns. As far as internet service, I started off using the Virgin Mobile internet connection. Then one morning, I saw a crane through the trees. It was lifting a large mast into the air. Wireless internet service was finally coming to me. A local wireless internet service provider, owned by a local man, was expanding its service area. I called and scheduled an install date once the new tower was up and running. Sweet. Unfortunately, before I had even received the bill for my second month of service, I got an email announcing that he had sold to company to a corporation, based out of Colorado. I did an internet search on the company and the most polite description of their service was "pathetic". Sure enough, once the takeover was complete, my speed dropped, slower and slower and slower. A thunderstorm knocked out service for days. Once service was restored, the connection speed stayed abysmal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm the guy at the other end of the slowest internet connection in the world. Brought to you by the wonderful folks at AT&T.